Aug 18, 2008

Iron man talks about batman!!!! Let's see....

''Let's talk bout batman...'' Tony stark said
It seems there’s still an on-going debate among comic book fanboys over which is the best comic book movie of all-time, Iron Man or The Dark Knight. But in my mind there’s no comparison at all… sure Iron Man was fun, but it doesn’t come close to achieving the same level of sophistication as The Dark Knight. To each their own, I suppose.
Recently, Iron Man himself was even put on the defensive when asked about his feelings on The Dark Knight. In a recent interview with
Moviehole, Robert Downey Jr. decided to throw down the proverbial gauntlet:
“My whole thing is that that I saw The Dark Knight. I feel like I’m dumb because I feel like I don’t get how many things that are so smart. It’s like a Ferrari engine of storytelling and script writing and I’m like, ‘That’s not my idea of what I want to see in a movie.’ I loved The Prestige but didn’t understand The Dark Knight. Didn’t get it, still can’t tell you what happened in the movie, what happened to the character and in the end they need him to be a bad guy. I’m like, ‘I get it. This is so high brow and so f–king smart, I clearly need a college education to understand this movie.’ You know what? F-ck DC comics. That’s all I have to say and that’s where I’m really coming from.”
Is he serious? I have to think that he’s at least partially joking here, or maybe just trying to egg on some fanboys, but who knows. If great storytelling is not something that he wants to see in a movie, then what does he want? At this point it seems a safe assumption that Iron Man 2 will not be aspire to be dark or deep in any way.
(PS: Does robert downey jr means batman is a little too complicated for him...thanks god...because i feel that too and i think not only us. Give me a hug baby!!!)

No comments: