Oct 25, 2012

HY's Food Experiment: Bruschetta with Cheese and Tomato

Great news! First of all, Me aka HY will start to share out my cooking recipe. Yay! Because sharing is caring and of course I hope to find someone who loves to cook as well and share their opinion with me. I was thinking the name, HY's Food Experiment sound like I was cooking some hazardous food and scared people off. HY's little kitchen sound dull. Same goes to HY's Recipe so I'll just stick to the origin one.

Today I'm going to give my very first lesson of cooking (Oh I'm so excited! I'm going to be like Jamie Oliver~Day Dreaming again.). It's a very simple and refreshing dish. It's Bruschetta with Cheese and Tomato. Good to be served as breakfast~ HY's style breakfast!

Chemical/Materials needed (Basically it's just ingredients! Somebody is trying to make it sound so mystery!)
  • Baguette
  • Colby Jack Cheese
  • Tomato (2)
  • Mint leaves (handful, chopped)
  • Basil leaves (handful, chopped)
  • Salt and Pepper (a pinch)
  • Lemon juice (1 teaspoon)
  • Garlic (2 cloves,minced)
  • Olive oil
First of all, cut the Baguette into slices, not too thick as I found that I have difficulty biting through it (I know I need calcium~). Next on, cut the cheese stick into slices. The cheese I'm using is Sargento's Colby Jack. I love Colby Jack because it kinda give me a cheese-kick! The aroma of it, awww!


Yes students, slice all your Baguette and cheese.

Cut the 2 tomatoes into cubes. I chose a not too ripe tomato so that it will give a tiny little soury taste. Throw the tomatoes, chopped basil and mint leaves, minced garlic, salt and pepper, few drops of olive oil and lemon juice into a bowl and mix it up. 

You'll have something like this and the aroma of the herbs is releasing to the air~

Place the tomato mixture on the sliced Baguette and place a few slices of cheese on it. Recommend more cheese to be placed on the top layer. Preheat oven to 450 F, before sending your tiny ship of Baguette into the oven. After that, send them all in and bake till the cheese melt.

Nicely set and bake them!

You can bake a little longer if you like your baguette taste more crunchy but I just love it to be not too crunchy so I leave it 1, 2 minutes more in the oven after the cheese melted. And here you go, cheesy Bruschetta with tomato and basil mint.

Yummy!

The cheese can be replaced by Mozarella. But I love Colby Jack sooo much! HY's food experiment, Bruschetta with cheese and tomatoes! Nom Nom Nom!

No comments: